Thursday, October 27, 2011

it's about time

can I be wrong?
maybe this is a conversation
stretching text across every silence
listening to every restless turn of meaning
but the moon is gone now
and the clouds are not as warm as to hold as I dreamed they might be
I tried to tell you, I would lie to save you
pushing the tides back against your peeling flesh
with every word I knew
with the look in my eyes
with the beat of my heart 
as I set my soul on fire 
and dance with my arms wrapped around deaths hollow shoulders
that I feel right now 
how much this is. 



4 comments:

  1. This gave me goosebumps all over.
    So beautiful. The love you can feel for someone can tear you apart.
    But also string the most beautiful words together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I feel this too, like ripping me apart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who have you been talking to? When i ask that question of myself. I have only 1 good answer but, i don't want to tell you, who that is. Yet. It really isn't silence if we whisper about it. Are you listening to me so much or are you contemplating my thoughts, between my thought of having them. I would give anything if it meant 1 of us not ever feeling alone. But, then again you are on fire and I have a bucket of water to throw. Hmmm. What would you have me do? How can I prove my worth to you if you don't how much you need?

    ReplyDelete